Thank you so much for donating to JURIST. You are almost done! Simply fill out the form below. Please note that although this entire page is not secured by SSL, the donation widget below IS secure and transmitted via https/SSL. If you would prefer, you can visit our donation page at Fundly (the platform that processes our donations) which is an "https" page. We can also accept checks sent to JURIST, Attention: Executive Director, Barco Law Building, 3900 Forbes Avenue, Office 313, Pittsburgh, PA 15260.
Remember, JURIST is non-profit corporation, registered as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. As such, contributions to JURIST generally are deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Please tell your friends about JURIST! Please consider posting your support on Facebook, tweeting about it on Twitter, and spreading word of your good deeds in any other way you communicate with friends, family and colleagues. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Due to general economic circumstances completely outside of our control, we are anticipating a significant reduction in funding (meaning several tens of thousands of dollars) from our primary benefactors for our next fiscal year. If not offset, this reduction has the potential to directly affect JURIST's ability to maintain its current operations.
Specifically, JURIST needs funds to:
Did you know?
- Redesign the JURIST.org website
- Fully develop a mobile version of JURIST.org, as well as iPhone and Android apps
- Increase outreach efforts to JURIST's audience
- Develop new programming, including audio and video coverage, seminars and conferences that will directly benefit our community
- Cover costs associated with managing our law student staff, such as development of staff manuals, training materials, and even the occassional pizza
- Establish an emergency reserve to cope with technical crises in a timely fashion
- Add professional staff support for JURIST's Commentary
- Add professional technical support
- Ensure continued funding for JURIST's existing professional staff
In the last year, JURIST:
- has published over 2,250 news stories, 325 expert commentaries, and 7 special features at JURIST.org
- hired an Executive Director, joining the Research Director as full-time professional staff.
- doubled its student staff so that JURIST now has over sixty (60) part-time student staffers
- moved all of its content to its own dedicated server, colocated at a professional data center