Barco Law Building Construction Project Updates 11/15/17
Outlined below are some highlights from our Wednesday, November 15th Barco Law Building Construction Project Team Meeting.
At the present time the renovation of the Barco Law Building’s 2nd Floor is projected to be completed by Friday, December 22nd. With that target completion date in mind, our current mobilization and moving plan is as follows:
- All Pitt Law Staff and Faculty with offices currently on the Barco Law Building’s 4th Floor, on the Sennott Square Building’s 5th Floor and in Park Plaza should have their offices packed and ready for a physical move by the close of business by Thursday, December 21st. The familiar Rent-a-crates, large orange buggies and conventional cardboard boxes will be utilized again for packing and moving. Everyone must have all office belongings packed by December 21st because movers from Franklin Interiors will perform the physical move from the 4th Floor to the 2nd Floor from December 26 – 29, 2017 (except for the Pitt Law Clinics and the Development & Alumni Affairs Office).
- From Wednesday, January 3 through Friday, January 5, 2018, University of Pittsburgh Movers will move:
- The Pitt Law Clinic Staff from the Sennott Square’s 5th Floor to the Barco Law Building’s 4th Floor and
- The Development & Alumni Affairs Office from Park Plaza to the Barco 2nd Floor.
As with the prior week’s move, Rent-a-crates, large orange buggies and conventional cardboard boxes will be utilized again for packing and moving.
Other notable matters include:
- The demolition of the Barco Law Building’s 2nd Floor remaining old ceiling (above the free-standing stairway) will occur within the next two weeks. Until this demolition is completed, there will be scaffolding and plastic behind the free-standing stairway.
- The Barco Lobby Building’s Lobby floor will be thoroughly cleaned and sealed with an epoxy product from December 26 – 29, 2017. This sealant will help with the long-term appearance and on-going maintenance of this white tile floor.
- There will be a few punch list items and final closeout items regarding the renovation which will occur after December 21st.